70mm Film Festival menus at Tom Douglas restaurants
Palace Kitchen, TanakaSan & Cantina Leña will be combining their love of cooking, bartending and film by celebrating Cinerama's 70mm festival with cocktail and food specials during the entire party. Find more information at TomDouglas.com for more information.
- Blood & Sand (Spartacus)
- Napalm en la Mañana (Apocalypse Now)
- Face Hugger Jell-O Shot (Aliens)
- The Peter O’Toole (Lawrence of Arabia)
- Old HAL (2001: A Space Odyssey—riffing an Old Pal, which is whiskey, campari, and dry vermouth)
- In Like Flynn (Tron)
- Wormholes and Revelations (Interstellar)
- Gordita Beach Club (Inherent Vice)
- The Cause (The Master)
- Bloody Tarantino (The Hateful Eight)
- Hadleys Hope (Aliens)
- Ordeal and Triumph (Patton)
- Gilmour’s Revenge / Floyd Pinkerton (Pink Floyd The Wall)
- The Space Vampire (Lifeforce)
- Brando’s Horror (Apocalypse Now)
- Bridges to Heaven (Starman)
- Kubrick’s History (Spartacus)
- Excessive Behavior (Year of the Dragon)
- My Favorite Things (Sound of Music)
- 70mm (Baraka)
- Food specials:
- “Take a Bao” - Mini chinese buns
- “It’s a wrap” - lumpia w/lettuce & herbs
- “Final cut” - Meaty spare ribs
- Drink specials:
- "Martini shot"- sake, plum wine, bitters
- "Reel it in"- bourbon, mint, orange Curaçao
- "Three strip slushie" - frozen sake, cherry, cola
Beginning Friday, February 19, Cinerama will screen all eight best picture-nominated films in anticipation of the 88th Academy Awards. The theater will feature one movie per day, with multiple show times to choose from. The marathon will conclude with Three Dollar Bill Cinema and Gay City Health Project's 11th Annual Academy Awards Party on Sunday, February 28. The event will benefit both local nonprofits. Advance tickets to all screenings of nominated films are now available here, while tickets to the Annual Academy Award Party can be purchased through Stranger Tickets. Don't miss this opportunity to see the past year's best films at Seattle's most epic theater! Full schedule after the jump.
Read more >
It’s beginning to look a lot like Star Wars at Cinerama. In anticipation of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we’ve updated our display cases with costumes, props and memorabilia from the original Star Wars trilogy courtesy of the Paul G. Allen Family Collection. Expect to see pieces from some of your favorite characters, including Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker.
Read more >
Cinerama neighboring restaurants Cantina Leña, TanakaSan and Home Remedy will be ready to feed you during your extended breaks in the Star Wars Marathon! In addition to their normal menus, each restaurant will feature special Star Wars-themed items. How about a slice of C-3PO Pizza (three cheeses, peppers and onions) or Häm Solo Melt at Home Remedy? Throughout the month of December, Cantina Leña is offering Star Wars drink specials like the Imperial Walker or the Jedi Mind Eraser—both pair well with our delicious Cantina nachos!
Read more >
We’re as excited as the rest of you to return to a galaxy far, far away, and welcome our guests to dress in costume while attending a screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Specifically, we allow full-body costumes, including helmets, but prohibit prop weapons such as blasters. Lightsabers are okay as well, but we ask that they are turned off during the movie in order to be respectful of other guests. We are expecting large crowds for our sold-out shows, and reserve the right to check guests’ bags. Please plan to arrive early to find parking, purchase concessions and locate your seats. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and may the Force be with you!
Read more >